Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Easy Crock Pot French Dip

Before we got married I made sure to tell Big B that I can cook but that I am a much better baker.  In other words, I hate to cook.  The reality is that my statement wasn't a lie, I can cook and I'm not horrible at it either but I rarely ever do it and I don't have many recipes to refer to either.  My mom and my dad both cook but neither one of them really uses recipes, they do a dash of this here and a splash of that there.  I am a super picky eater and so it's hard for me to cook like that because I don't eat half of what is being made.  As a result, I'm in the process of finding recipes and Big B is going to be trying a bunch of foods (and hoping that they are good)!

I was discussing my dilemma with my friend KT and she started telling me about an easy French Dip recipe.  I LOVE French Dip so I got pretty excited when she said easy French Dip.  I proceeded to ask her how easy and then she said the most magical words to a newly married woman who is a full time student.  Crock Pot.  I had to try it and let me tell you, it was easy and it was delicious!

Crock Pot French Dip

1 12oz can of beer (Big B drinks Bud Light so that's what I used)
1 can of Condensed Onion Soup
1 can of Beef Broth
4lb Rump Roast (we used close to 3lbs and had so much meat left over)

Put all of the ingredients in your crock pot for 7 hours on low

 

And that's it!!!  Use the broth/juice for your au jus and you've got a delicious meal that took you all of maybe 10 minutes to prep! 

Big B is excited because he has leftovers which means he can sleep in an extra 5 minutes and I'm excited because I can refute his statement that I never cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment