Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  A little late I know, but life has been crazy busy around here, as usual!

Our first Christmas as a married couple was as amazing as I ever imagined!  Big B spoiled me like crazy and surprised me by getting me the boots that I had been lusting after since Thanksgiving!  I was especially surprised because everytime I talked about them (which was a lot!) he would remind me that we had a budget to stick to and that they were outside of that budget.  Turns out he had gotten them pretty close to when I had first seen them but found out at his company Christmas party that I wanted the matte black, not the glossy black that he had gotten.  Of course when he found that out he went back to Nordy's only to be told that they only came in glossy black but he knows that I do my homework and insisted that they double check.  As it turns out, they only came in matte black on the east coast.  They ordered them for him, they came the week before Christmas but they were the wrong size!  Nordstrom is pretty awesome though and got the correct color and size to him on Christmas Eve!

We spent New Year's Eve at our local spot and celebrated knowing each other for 3 years and that we had our first kiss that fateful night too!  Big B was a little star struck when we ran into the traffic guy from the news station that he watches every morning and it made his night a little more fun!  We did not make "resolutions" but we did talk about our dreams for this coming year and we're really excited about where it seems the Lord is leading us this year!

December 31, 2009
Looking at this photo, I think I wore the same dress this year!

December 31, 2012

I have started my clinicals for school and it is keeping me quite busy.  I was given the choice of doing four 10hr days or five 8hr days and decided to do the four 10's so that I could have an extra day to do some studying and actually have time on the weekends to be a wife.  Big B has been so supportive by helping out with laundry, doing dishes, making dinners and giving me the all important foot rubs!  I feel so blessed to have him as my partner in life!

Big B has been busy with work and after taking close to a month of soccer he is back to playing once a week!  I'm enjoying the time that he's home since once spring gets here he'll be off not only to soccer but also his softball and championship kickball team. 

I haven't done many projects lately but I am throwing a "Ready to Pop!" baby shower at the end of the month and will be sharing the details in early February.  I'm so excited for what I've got planned for the shower, little gifts and games that I've never played at any other baby shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment